Monday, September 11, 2006

Manipal Hospital...

I had to take a student to the hospital on Saturday b/c of an allergic reaction. (She's fine now)
So I had my first Indian hospital experience at Manipal..



I must say the doctors and nurses were very nice and professional, but there was one thing that was a little disconcerting..

I couldn't take to many pictures as I thought it might be insensitive to be snapping away in the ER as people lay there sick, but I did get one shot as I was waiting...




Everything
in the hospital has the word "casualty" written on it. Gurneys, fans, wheelchairs. I guess the term Emergency room doesn't really exist here & they call it the Casualty Ward. Call me crazy but I really don't want to be put on a gurney that says "casualty" on the back. Perhaps the word has a slightly different meaning here...

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We call it Casualty as well here in the UK, or more normally Accident & Emergency. I guess some words just stuck around ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home